LASER SAFETY OFFICER (LSO) training course (surgical and operating suite)
"We chose Bravura’s online courses because it is really hard getting staff off the floor to attend face-to-face laser safety training courses and when they do it is long and boring!" Katie Hinchen, Nurse Educator, Calvary Lenah Valley Hospital, Tasmania
Accreditation: The only surgical lasers courses accredited by the Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN). Also endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing. Can be used as the laser safety education evidence for license application to Qld Radiation Health, Government of Western Australia Radiological Council and the Tasmanian Government Radiation Protection Unit.
Mode of delivery: Online
Do this course if you work in an operating suite or other clinical environment that uses lasers (Gynaecology, Urology, Otorhinolaryngology, Plastic surgery/ Dermatology/Cosmetic, Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology) and you need to have a comprehensive understanding of the operation and hazards of lasers. (i.e. surgeon, physician, laser nurse, Laser Safety Officer, other personnel working in the Nominal Ocular Hazard Zone).
What is it about?This course comprehensively addresses:
- Physics and the operation of lasers
- Interaction of laser radiation with tissue
- Hazards of surgical lasers
- Laser safety
- The role of the laser operator/nurse
- Role and responsibilities of the Laser Safety Officer
- Administrative controls, audits and checking credentials
- Laser classification and hazard area assessment
- Australian Standards requirements
- Relevant ACORN standards
- Accident response
- Lasers in surgical practice/operating theatre (Gynaecology, Urology, Otorhinolaryngology, Plastic surgery/Dermatology/Cosmetic, Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology).
How long does it take?
Eight to ten hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like to do it.
Who endorses/recognises it?
Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN), Australian College of Nursing (8 CPD points), The Government of Western Australia Radiological Council; Tasmanian Government Radiation Protection Unit; Queensland Government Radiation Health.
Money back guarantee: We have user friendly processes that ensure completion of your course or your fees refunded (click here for details).